Beware The BBQ: Metal Bristles From Grill Brush Pose Health Risk

CBS Los Angeles

[worldnow id=7323350 width=420 height=315 type=video]

BURBANK (CBS) — The Ahern family love breaking out their barbeque for grilling season.

“I love barbecuing because it’s at my own pace. There’s something better about food you make. It just tastes better,” Jeff Ahern said.

The Burbank-based family is aware of barbecue dangers, such as bacteria and other food-related illnesses — but the grill brush?

It was a hard metal grill brush that sent a man in Carrollton, Texas, to the emergency room.

“We were grilling out, cooking burgers, and, obviously, during the last bite, I got something stuck in my throat,” Matt McMahon said.

It was hours before they realized that the item lodged in his throat was a 1.5-centimeter wire bristle from a brush his father used to clean the grill.

“You can see it’s just one of those plastic ones you can buy at any local store. And here’s a…

View original post 290 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s